The multiple intelligences of reading and writing : making the words come alive / Thomas Armstrong.
This book combines Howard Gardner's MI theory with recent brain research on reading and writing to offer strategies for teaching reading and writing to a variety of learners. Includes the use of imagery, logic, oral language, physical activity, emotion, music, social involvement, and nature experiences in the study of words.
- ISBN: 0871207184 (alk. paper)
- Physical Description: 153 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Publisher: Alexandria, Va. : Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, c2003.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (p. 137-146) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Literacy, multiple intelligences, and the brain -- Coming to grips with the musculature of words -- Seeing the visual basis of literacy -- Grooving with the rhythms of language -- Calculating the logic of words -- Feeling the emotional power of text -- Relating to the social context of literacy -- Speaking out about the oral basis of reading and writing.
Search for related items by subject
- 0 of 1 copy available at Decoda Literacy Library. (Show)
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.