The circle way : a leader in every chair / Christina Baldwin & Ann Linnea ; foreword by Margaret J. Wheatley.
Introduces the basics of using the circle, an ancient social process based on equal participation, to facilitate group decision making and resolving conflicts.
- ISBN: 9781605092560 (softcover : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 1605092568 (softcover : alk. paper)
- Physical Description: xviii, 218 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: San Francisco, CA : Berrett-Koehler Publishers, c2010.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Where circle comes from and where it can take us -- The components of circle -- The power of preparation, invitation, intention, and center -- Rotating positions of leadership in the circle -- Accountability through agreements, practices, and principles -- Circle, step by step -- Story as core communication -- Activating and responding in a social container -- Why circle takes us to the shadow -- Circle as support for collective healing -- Organizational experiments in circle governance -- Circle as a way of life.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Communication in small groups.
Group decision making > Psychological aspects.
Leadership > Psychological aspects.
Circle > Psychological aspects.
Ritual > Psychology.
Search for related items by series
- 1 of 1 copy available at Decoda Literacy Library. (Show)
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.